Bob Sailer Memorial Race
Monday, July 10th & Monday, July 17
Gates Open: 5:30pm
Hot Laps: 6:45pm
Novice 1 & 2 (Combined)
Briggs Local Option 206 (Blue Slide)
Briggs Local Option 206 (Black Slide)
Adult Animal (Alcohol)
Adult Briggs Local Option 206
– Adult classes may be combined depending on kart counts
– If there are 12 or more karts signed-up in a class, we may separate them into 2 classes. We want the racing to be fair and safe. (It will be a group decision at the track on Monday)
Grandstands & Tailgate Sections = FREE
Driver + Kart = $20
Pit Members = $10
– Drew’s Garage Frisbee Toss
– 50/50 Tickets
– Delicious concession food, ice-cold beverages and treats at the JDP Petro Power-Up Food Shack
Text the keyword “KARTING” to 84483
Red River River Kart Club:
1805 Main Avenue West – West Fargo, ND
(Northwest corner of the Red River Valley Fairgrounds)
The 2017 Red River Kart Club Bob Sailer Memorial Race will take place over 2 race nights. Night 1 will take place on Monday, July 10th and will consist of 3 preliminary rounds of heat races for all classes.
Night 2 will take place on Monday, July 17th and consist of 1 additional preliminary heat race followed by feature events for all classes. Preliminary heat races will be 10 laps each and features will be 15 laps for all classes. (Novice Classes: Preliminary heat races will be 8 laps each and features will be 10 laps.) Night 2 will also be a “Meet & Greet” prior to the feature races.
Drivers will accumulate points based on their finishing position in each preliminary heat race. These overall points will then be tallied up to determine the starting positions for each feature event, with the overall highest point earner in each class starting on the pole, the driver with the second highest point total starting on the outside of the front row and so on.
Starting positions for heat race #1 will be determined by draw. Starting positions for heat races #2, #3 & #4 will be based on accumulating point totals. The driver with the lowest points starts on pole position and the driver with the highest point total starts last.
Awards will be given to the top 3 feature finishers in each class. (No awards will be given out for Night 1.) NOTE: Anyone finishing outside the top 3 in the Novice features will not receive awards.
Points will be tallied once again after all feature events have been run and awards will also be given to the top 10 point earners in the club as a whole. This means that a driver in any class has a shot at one of these 10 awards based on their overall point totals through the feature events on night 2. These awards will be handed out at our season ending banquet.
Points will be distributed as follows:
1st – 25
2nd – 22
3rd – 20
4th – 19
5th – 18
6th – 17
7th – 16
8th – 15
9th – 14
10th – 13
11th – 12
12th – 11
13th – 10
14th – 9
15th – 8
1st – 50
2nd – 47
3rd – 45
4th – 44
5th – 43
6th – 42
7th – 41
8th – 40
9th – 39
10th – 38
11th – 37
12th – 36
13th – 35
14th – 34
15th – 33
Event Specific Rules:
• A class will need a minimum of 5 karts to receive points. If there are less karts registered in a class, drivers will be placed in the class above. Jumping to a lower class will NOT be allowed. You can only compete in 1 class. (Any class may be combined at the discretion of the Club.)
• Karts will be scaled. If your kart fails to make weight you will be disqualified from that individual race and will receive no points. If you are unsure what your individual weight requirement is for your class, be sure to ask.
• If you miss Night 1, you’ll need to start at the back of both races on Night 2.
• If you receive a black flag and are DQ’d from any race throughout the event you will receive no points for that individual race.
• YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE RED RIVER KART CLUB AND YOUR YEARLY MEMBERSHIP DUES MUST BE PAID IN FULL IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT.
• The Adult class will be scored and awarded separately from the kids. Top 5 will be awarded. (Memberships are not required for the adult class)
• All other Red River Kart Club tech and safety rules will also apply to this event.